If you've been invited to read this blog, please understand that I don't edit as much as in our family blog. The primary purpose of this is for me to see my progress, think through what I've done, and evaluate how to adjust things. Often, what you read is almost a stream of thought with little or no filter. So, you're likely to read things you may consider TMI. And you're likely to read things that, while I was thinking at the time I wrote the post, aren't totally accurate. Consider yourself warned ;)































Sunday, February 13, 2011

It hasn't be pretty

I'm behind again.  Let me summarize by saying the last 2 weeks have been less-than-ideal.  Scott worked a total of 8 Midnight shifts, which is hard on my sleeping patterns too, some of them 12 hrs instead of 8, and each week we had a few days of truly bitter winter weather that prohibited running.  I've also been snacking on Valentine's chocolates and have become pathetically, if not hopelessly, addicted to watching Brothers & Sisters on Netflix when Scott is working late. 

I've still managed OK with my non-running workouts, but didn't substitute as much cardio as I should have for my missed runs (I did 2 runs each week instead of 3).  And my longest run so far this year has been about 6 1/2 instead of 8, as I had originally scheduled.  I did do *better* about going to sleep at a decent hour during Scott's second round of 4 midS (ie. I went to bed before 12pm every night, usually I have at least one 1-2am kind of night)

In a strange way I am a little happy that I've 'failed' these past two weeks.  Maybe it means that vanity (looking 'great' for the cruise) is not as strong a motivator for me as I thought.  Or maybe I just sabotaged myself for no good reason...

Jake is finally starting to sleep until 6am again (crossing my fingers that this is a permanent change) instead of the 4:30/5am business he's been doing for a few weeks.  And, I think the kids are all getting over their various colds/flus.  I may not have lost any body fat since Christmas, but I don't think I've gained much either.  I should probably do some kind of measurement so I can see my progress.

I also still need to find a race or few to do this year, and then start up some speedwork again.

And, I'd like a set of 12 lb. dumbells, or SelectTechs.

And some earphones that stay in my ears better while jogging, without having the cord bouncing all over the place in front of me.

And someone to manage my ipod so I don't have to make time (ie. forego Brothers & Sisters) to do it myself.

While I'm at it, I'd like a chef and a house-cleaner....

No comments:

Post a Comment