If you've been invited to read this blog, please understand that I don't edit as much as in our family blog. The primary purpose of this is for me to see my progress, think through what I've done, and evaluate how to adjust things. Often, what you read is almost a stream of thought with little or no filter. So, you're likely to read things you may consider TMI. And you're likely to read things that, while I was thinking at the time I wrote the post, aren't totally accurate. Consider yourself warned ;)































Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 6

I've lost a lot of motivation since we don't have a race to run.  Scott started on his shift work, and its hard to adjust, then my PMS week turned into maybe-I'm-pregnant? weekend [I'm not], we tried to go camping, got rained out, went hiking, went to a Rockies game *with the Shirley's!*, finnished Eden's homeschool, my left leg started bothering me again (just a little, but still so frustrating since I just had a RECOVERY week and got new shoes) and so on.  So I have lots of EXCUSES, none of which is particularly impressive on its own, but the combination was a bit of a 'perfect storm' for me.

I did no weights this week. I did a 4 a 5 and a 8 1/2 mile run.  I did push Jake for the 5 and didn't start until 9 (at playgroup) so I was kind of proud of myself.  It also made me realize that when school starts, I can jog while their in school and only have to get up early for weights :)

I really was going to weigh myself this morning, even though I know it wouldn't have been pleasing (haven't been very careful on the diet for the last week or so).  But, Jake has recently decided that 5:15 is a good time for the whole house to be up.  I'm hoping its because of his cough/runny nose that he has right now.  But, we are considering moving him into the 4th bedroom.  But, then again, he's SO LOUD, I don't think it would make much of a difference.

Anyway, I am recomitting myself to running 4-6 miles 2-4 times a week, and running 8-10 miles once every 7-10 days.  Doing the ChaLEAN circuits (3 per week); the ChaLEAN Burn Intervals once a week; and 2-3 ab workouts each week.  Oh, and keeping track of my eating better again.

That's reasonable, right?

The biggest trick will be staying consistent despite Scott's rotating shift schedule.  Love the 6-on 4-off part, not so crazy about the 2-earlydays, 2-swings, 2-nights that make up the 6-on.

And, I think since I'm going to be pushing Jake more often, I should start shopping for a Baby Jogger on Craigslist.  I would love a single that is built like my double.

No comments:

Post a Comment