If you've been invited to read this blog, please understand that I don't edit as much as in our family blog. The primary purpose of this is for me to see my progress, think through what I've done, and evaluate how to adjust things. Often, what you read is almost a stream of thought with little or no filter. So, you're likely to read things you may consider TMI. And you're likely to read things that, while I was thinking at the time I wrote the post, aren't totally accurate. Consider yourself warned ;)































Sunday, August 1, 2010

week 5

Somehow didn't start on this until today (Friday).  Recovery week hasn't been as great as I thought it would be, mainly because of all the things competing against my 'exercise time'.  Scott started on shifts yesterday, so most of the competition has come from lack of sleep, and most of that has come from the kids (surprise, surprise).  Plus, its PMS week and me and Jake are getting a cold, so that doesn't help.  Anyway.

Monday: Should have been easy 4.  Didn't think I had enough time to do 4, so I only did 3.

Tuesday: Push Circuit 1.  Actually just going even slower made the reps difficult enough that I'm not ready to increase weight yet.

Wednesday: Should have been 5 plus Burn Intervals.  Didn't get up early enough to do anything in the morning.  (Tuesday was the night that threw off the rest of the week.)  But, I did manage to do the Burn Intervals after Eden was done with school and Jake was still asleep.  (Eden actually did the whole 45 minutes with me!)  Scott got home shortly after that (early!) so I got my full 5 in before the free baby-sitting night at the church.  So it wasn't so bad.

Thursday:  Push Circuit 2.  Didn't have a good idea of what weight to use, so I'll be increasing weight on a few of the exercises next week.

Friday: Easy 4.  Grouchy day.  Woke up at 5:30, normally a great thing.  But Jake was already yelling for someone to come get him.  Scott was sleeping since he worked late last night.  But I did get it done at about 7.  (There are some perks to Scott's new shift work.)  It was nice to not think about how fast or how far I was going.  Instead I gave myself a little pep talk on Eden's schoolwork- we can do it, only one week, this is good for her, we can do it, only 7 more days (including today), we will survive, she won't need therapy because of this......

Saturday: Easy 4. Push 3.  Only did 3.55 (in my new Nike Zoom Vomeros, which I like).  I'm lacking a little motivation since I'm not running a half until October now.  I didn't go until Scott woke up to get ready for work, about 8pm.  But, I did do Push 3, and I was proud of myself for going through with it (I didn't really want to, even though my run felt pretty good.)  And I think I'm going to stop doing speed workouts for now.  The ChaLEAN is pretty intense, especially now that I'm in the PUSH phase.

Sunday: Don't have high hopes.  We had smore's bars for FHE.  Tuesday night Scott bough Hagen Daz.  Wednesday night we had fried bananas with icecream on our date.  Thursday I had about 1/2 Tbsp. Nutella (but did resist the giant size Hershey bars in the freezer.  Saturday I had 2 chocolate-chip cookies, plus some dough (I made them for Scott's work potluck).  PMS week gets the best of me again. 

UPDATE:  I actually forgot to weigh myself, so oh well.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been good news.

So, looking back it hasn't been horrible, but just wasn't the relaxing/energizing week I had hoped for.  Wednesday wore me out.  Thursday I had a bit of a reality check when Scott worked his first swing shift and I realized we had nothing to make for dinner.  (Grocery shopping at 5:30 with 3 kids is just as much 'fun' as any other time of the day.  This time I was that mom with the screaming/crying child trailing behind as she gets her shopping done as fast as she can.)  Then Friday and Saturday, he worked the Midnight Shift, and I had a really hard time sleeping.  Last night, I was a scaredy-cat.  The first night, I just didn't go to sleep when I should.  I've got to get better about this, since he'll be doing the MidS twice out of every 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment