Tuesday: Got out the door. I was kind of hoping my sore hip last night would prevent me from running hard today. But, it was feeling just fine this morning. Did 3.95 miles in 33:06 (8:23 pace, SC recommended 8:58). It is just too hard to find a steady pace with all the hills, and this morning was windy too. I hurt so bad going up hill (and I'm SO slow), but then I can go SO much faster downhill without hurting. I'm so excited to have next week be recovery week!
Wednesday: Actually woke up right before my 5:05 alarm (I set for a time after 5AM to help my psyche), but didn't get out of bed until 5:15. Decided to do Burn Intervals first, but it ended up being 45 minutes. I liked it, and wish I had fit it into my schedule from the beginning. It alternates light weights with lots of reps, with intense short bursts of cardio, including some plyometrics. There were a couple that I couldn't do as intensely as she was, but I was proud of myself for keeping up with 5 lbs on all the weight stuff (that's what she and her sister were using). I think I'll get better the more I do it, part of the challenge is coordination- getting used to some of the moves and knowing what to expect. Next week I'll do my run first because it shouldn't be too hard to finish this with the kids awake. I finished just a few minutes too late to do my 3-4 miles today. I did get to take a quick shower though before Scott left. And I get to go run as soon as Scott gets home. I love getting my exercise in early in the morning, but I've discovered that its sometimes nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the day (ie. a nice quiet jog by myself!). Didn't do the ab workout, like I said I would. I guess that means I should do it today after my run.
Thursday: Burn Circuit 2. Ouch. Especially, upper arms/shoulder/back area. May have upped my weight on too many exercises. Hopefully I get through the 8 miles tomorrow. Also did about 3 1/2 miles of walking. Actually had time to walk to the playgroup, and then none of the older kids showed up, so I only did 1 lap with the other adult who came, then we went home. And of course more kids showed up just as we were leaving. I have felt really tired this week, especially today on top of being hungry. I caved and had TWO graham crackers with Nutella spread. I feel better now. But, I'll probably regret that decision on Sunday morning. I read D&C 89 last night. Rethinking all the meat now. I just want to make lasting changes to our whole families diet and don't want to focus on one particular diet regimen. I'm following ChaLEAN pretty strictly for Breakfast and Snacks. Using leftover dinners for lunch. And those dinners are similar to ChaLEAN's. Sort of a compromise between hers and ours. So, I think I'll get results, maybe just not as quickly as I like. Cutting out
Friday: Woke up at 4:54am, then slept through my first two alarms and got up at 5:15. started about 10 minutes later than I should have. Took a GU before, and a Clif Shot 50 minutes in. Want to try Clif Blocks (per Saundra). Felt much better on the run (same route as last week). I think part of it was the shots, and part of it was know what to expect (ie. L O N G hill on Chapel Hills Dr.) Felt pretty good all morning. Almost losing Jacob at a new friend's house wore me out more than the 8 mile run. Bought Skinny Cow Fudge Bars for my sanity recouperation. Had one this afternoon. Girls Night with Eden- had grilled veggie salad with shrimp- yum. I at more than half though, so maybe too much. Then I caved and Eden and I split about half of a medium Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard.
Saturday: Got out at 9AM for a 4 miler. Nice and easy, yet my pace ended up being 8:40. I guess I may never be a race pacer. Still have to do Burn Circuit 3 and an Ab work out tonight. yay. At fried chicken and a cookie at the ward picnic. Then came home and had TWO Skinny Cow fudge bars during Eden's school time. Tomorrow I weigh and measure, so we'll see how my more relaxed approach to improving our family's diet is affecting my results. update- got the Burn Circuit 3 and Extreme Abs done. I don't like Ab workouts.
Sunday: 145.6 lbs; 32.1% bf; 47.8%ww (I'd like to ignore the last two, but don't know how to set the scale to measure only weight)
chest: 37 in. (no bra may skew this!) {down 2 in.}
waist (smallest): 32 in; belly button line:34 1/4 in {down 2 1.2 in.!!!}; hip: 39 1/4 in. {down 3/4 in.}
bicep: L-11in, R-10.75in {up a little, if I measured in the same spot)
thigh:
So, looks like, I can do my best to eat healthier (more fruits and veggies, good lean protein, cut back on junk), without stressing on following a particular diet, and still get some results.
No comments:
Post a Comment