Monday: 5 miles with 3 mile tempo (8:53). My total time was 46:41. My tempo was 25:54, so faster than I needed to be! I didn't wear the Garmin this time. Just mapped out a 3 mile loop and timed it with my stopwatch. I think I pushed myself harder because I was worried about keeping a fast enough average pace. I felt pretty crappy by the end of the 3 miles, but OK by the time I got home. Was hoping to have enough time to walk to the library and back, but did not. Maybe next time, I've got to get miles whereever I can for Banana#1! 1 slice of banana bread for FHE treat.
Tuesday: Extreme Abs, Burn Circuit 1. Walked 3.62 miles. Had one rice crispy treat. Upped the weight on some of my exercises, definitely sweaty and tired. And really hungry! I think it was good to do Abs first. Took the Garmin to walking group (we weren't all ready to go in time to walk the mile down to the park- drat!) and I found out the loop is only .85 miles (I knew it was less than a mile, but I thought 1500m instead of 1600- double-drat!)! Since we drove, we did have time to go grocery shopping afterward and buy more healthy and/or low-cal snacks and treats, which made the kids happy. I need to eat again- yay!
Wednesday: Easy 3. It was nice to get a shower in before Scott had to leave for work. I made spaghetti for dinner. Was careful to have less noodles and more sauce (which I doubled the meat in). I also ate 2 pieces of garlic bread.
Thursday: Extreme Abs, Burn Circuit 2. Walked 4.5 miles. Again upped some of the weights. We did an extra loop (still didn't have time to walk to playgroup). Andrew split his head open, and a wonderful new friend made us a dinner that was pretty healthy, but definitely not on the diet plan. Then she brought brownies over, but I only ate 1. Kids went out for icecream, but I didn't have any.
Friday: Long run- easy 8. I actually got up early enought to have a bm and get out the door in time to finish before Scott needed to leave. I thought my planned route wouldn't be too bad for hills. And it wasn't steepness wise, but for a while it went up and up and up, and I had to keep reminding myself that the road would have to come down again to get back to my house. Still ran it under the SmartCoach pace (I wasn't trying to). Tonight was pizza night, I had 2 slices of thin crust veggie-lovers pizza and 4 wings (maybe that was too many wings?).
Saturday: Easy 3, Burn Circuit 3, 20 min. Pilates. I've been frustrated that I have such a squishy belly (sometimes I think stress plays a role there, its definitely where I store most of my fat), when I can tell everything else is getting more toned. I remembered how successfull I used to be with just running and pilates. And since the Ab workout is only on the ChaLEAN schedule twice a week, I decided to do the pilates. We had potstickers and rice for dinner, only I didn't have ANY rice, just lots of salad.
Sunday:
147.6 lbs.
32.5 % body fat (at least there was a slight improvement here)
47.5% body fat
I AM SO FRUSTRATED. I admit I have not been strict on the diet this week, but I have foregone major carbs in places where I would have normally had some. Dinner is the hardest, then lunch. Dinner is hard because I'm cooking for the whole family. Lunch is hard because I don't like taking that much time to prepare my lunch. I started having leftovers for lunch. And dinner I'm trying to make the best I can. With 3 weeks left on Eden's schoolwork, and school starting soon (meaning I need to start shopping), I have a really hard time taking the time to plan and shop for this diet. Plus, I know its not a realistic diet to keep forever, so I'm trying to make compromises and still have success. AND, when I started playing around with the settings of my fancy-dancy-so-not-worth-the-extra-$$$ scale. I found out the following:
if I change my setting to male, with the same age and height, my stats are as follows:
147.8 lbs (I don't think this is due to the setting change)
19.3 % body fat (WHAT?!?!?)
56.7 % water
if I change my height from 5'7" to 5'8" (it allows for half inches, so maybe I should get an accurate measurement), and stay a 30 y.o. female:
147.8 lbs
31.6 % body fat
48.2 % water
SO FRUSTRATED. The height thing isn't a big deal, because I just want to lose weight and my % bodyfat to decrease. But, why does the scale need to know if I'm male or female to measure my body fat? I really wish I hadn't bought the stupid thing. I'd still be frustrated at gaining almost 2 lbs. Next week I'll be taking measurements again. Its really hard to motivate myself on diet when I get results like these today.
No comments:
Post a Comment