Monday: 5 miles including 2 x 1600 (8:23) with 800 jog in between. I hate track workouts, especially by myself. I went to the middle school near our house, I had been told its a quarter mile track. But, it looked a little small. Both of my 1600 were under 8. I'll have to go measure it with my Garmin sometime. I'm glad I don't have to do a track workout every week.
Added a slice of cake with plenty of buttercream frosting to my dinner last night. Plus Scott's blueberry lemonade. Plus the Almond Joy from the RS Lesson (comparing life to a marathon, no less). Does that balance out with fasting the rest of the day?
Tuesday: Burn Circuit 1, and Extreme Abs- loving the ChaLEAN Extreme. Really feel like I'm getting a workout. I'm relaxing the diet. Only in that I'm not sticking strictly to the recipes in her book. I make sure I eat 5-6 times a day, lots of protein, and carbs almost entirely from veggies and fruit. I hope this will work because it would be nice to make family dinners that are more familiar to the kids. Speaking of kids, we missed the walking group today as punishment for lying to me about cleaning their rooms on Saturday. Boo.
Wednesday: 3 miles, easy. Took the Garmin and found out that the track is in fact 1/4 mile. So yay me, that means I ran faster than I needed to on Monday.
Thursday: Burn Circuit 2, Andrew prevented Extreme Abs. 4 miles walked at playgroup. Had seconds on the Strawberry Pretzel Salad, but at least I halved the creamy filling, cut the sugar and butter in the crust, and used sugar-free jello. This might have been avoided if I had got dinner all cleaned up and put away sooner.
Friday: 7 miles, easy. Couldn't get out the door as early as I wanted, then had 'bowel issues' at about 3 1/2 miles (of course, I tried to take care of this before I started, but sometimes my body just won't co-operate), so only did about 5, including some walking. Determined to get those miles in TODAY. I set out with all 3 kids to loop around our little corner of the neighborhood for a couple miles. Needless to say, there was a lot of stopping and walking, until I could convince Eden and Andrew to just color with chalk while I did one more figure-8 loop, which I added another half of the loop- maybe a mile? So, total for the second part of my 'run' I estimate about 2.4. My figure-8 is actual just two blocks of our neighboor hood, we live on the middle street at one corner of the outer loop. I know the outer loop is 0.6 and that our street is very well centered in the outer loop. So a smaller loop I estimate 0.4. Should have taken the Garmin with me, but I had already taken it off and turned it off after a disappointing first part to this mornings run. By the time I had decided to finish with the kids and had them all ready, it had probably been 20-30 minutes, so I don't know how much this all 'counts' toward 7 miles, but I'm counting it.
I have an alarm clock, but for some reason, it rarely wakes me up. I got up this morning at 5:30, after my alarm had gone off (I wanted to be out the door by 5:30). So frustrating. I'm trying to get my long runs done on Friday so Scott can do his on Saturday, but if I can't get earlier, this isn't going to work.
Saturday: Scott and I need to coordinate better. I thought he was running this morning, he thought I was. He finally went. I did not get my workout in until this evening, due to school with Eden and prep time for a RS Lesson tomorrow. I did Burn Circuit 3, 31 minutes easy jog, then Extreme Abs. I also ate about 6 spoonfuls of Nutella while I was stressing out about my lesson plan. Pooh. So, we'll see what happens with my 'weigh-in' tomorrow.
Sunday: Just the scale stats. I'm wondering if it was worth the extra $ to buy a scale that attempts to measure % body fat and % water weight. Last week was the first day of my cycle, so maybe that threw things off a bit, but I just don't see how I can lose 3 lbs and have my % water be up and no change to my % body fat, when I'm running and lifting weights, and eating a lot healthier (even if I'm not 'perfect' on the diet).
weight: 146 lbs.
body fat: 32.8%
water: 47.3%
No comments:
Post a Comment