If you've been invited to read this blog, please understand that I don't edit as much as in our family blog. The primary purpose of this is for me to see my progress, think through what I've done, and evaluate how to adjust things. Often, what you read is almost a stream of thought with little or no filter. So, you're likely to read things you may consider TMI. And you're likely to read things that, while I was thinking at the time I wrote the post, aren't totally accurate. Consider yourself warned ;)































Monday, July 19, 2010

What are my goals?

After my frustration with the diet and the scale this morning.  I was thinking a little bit about what I really want to get out of all this.

1. Faster running times.  1:45 half-marathon.  Ultimate goal, qualify for Boston (ie. 3:45 marathon)

2. Stronger.  I'd like to be able to complete something like this:
http://barlow36.blogspot.com/2010/03/pro-fitness-changelle.html

3. Get smaller, especially in my waist.  I am tired of pants that don't stay up because of my high waist-to-hip ratio.  And there's more contact between the upper portions of my thighs- chafing becomes an issue at 6 or 7 miles, instead of just in marathons.  (I'm hoping it has to do with the amount of time I spend sitting at the computer, which will decrease significantly when I am no longer Eden's 2nd grade teacher.)  Although if I had to choose one spot to loose inches (fat) from I would definitely choose my waist.  I am sort of considering a tummy tuck when we're done having kids, although I don't know if I could ever justify the cost and the six weeks or so recovery.

4.  Lose about 10 lbs.  Only because I think that 's about how much I need to lose to accomplish # 2 (and #1 to a degree).  And I know I've been at that weight before, during motherhood (before and after being pregnant with Andrew), so I believe its attainable.

I think that's about the order priority-wise.  Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are REAL close, its hard to decide the priorities.

So, I think I may just not use the body fat % feature anymore in my stupid scale.  (I felt validated after reading this blog:  http://rachelsetzer.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-fat-shaming-scale.html, and some other chatboards and online forums.)

I don't think I should have to be extremely strict on what I eat (I may very well be wrong).  But, I don't know if I want these things badly enough to give-up chocolate chip cookies, and brownies.  I hope I can learn to limit myself better on these things.  The diet thing is definitely the BIGGEST challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment