If you've been invited to read this blog, please understand that I don't edit as much as in our family blog. The primary purpose of this is for me to see my progress, think through what I've done, and evaluate how to adjust things. Often, what you read is almost a stream of thought with little or no filter. So, you're likely to read things you may consider TMI. And you're likely to read things that, while I was thinking at the time I wrote the post, aren't totally accurate. Consider yourself warned ;)































Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recommit, again

OK, did all the exercise.  Definitely like having more Pilates and Yoga.  Still need to figure out what to do to make the spinning more comfortable.  Real bike with the padding in them?  A different seat?

This weekend, I completely gave in.  PMS and sleep deprivation are no good for avoiding temptation.  It seems I have 2 ways to cope with my life when it gets a little more stressful: 

1) get adequate sleep 

2) keep myself medicated with a constant flow of chocolate through my veins

(obviously, choice number 1 is the better choice, but I took choice 2 this weekend)

Scott had a busy week with work and Scouting.  When he's gone, I have a harder time getting good sleep (usually because I keep myself up too late).  This is quite unfortunate since these are the times when I really need to be at my best.  Why is this such a hard lesson to learn?  I'm pretty sure I undid any progress I've made since Christmas, just with my chocolate diet this weekend.  Oh well.  I suppose all I can do know is recommit, again.  Here's what's up for this week:

MON: 4 miles, Lean Circuit 2
TUES: cardio, Abs
WED: 4 miles, Burn 1
THURS: Burn Intervals
FRI: 4 miles, Abs
SAT: Yoga, cardio

I think I'm going to try the Shakeology.  I found some sites that will send you a few packets to sample, so you don't have to pay for a 3 or 4 week supply.  But, it's so expensive, what's the point of trying it if I'm pretty sure I won't keep buying it?

I'm also going to try out some of the Turbo Fire workouts this week for my cardio.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment