Days like today are why I need a treadmill. After enjoying really nice weather for the whole spring break, I started to think maybe I could wait a little while. But, no, the sooner I get one, the better. I knew a storm was coming, so I was hoping to be able to get a jog in yesterday morning. But the wind started up Sunday night, and with the windchill, it was definitely too cold to take Charis out. So, I did my yoga instead and hoped that the weatherman was wrong about the storm continuing into today with snow.
No such luck. The wind continues, some snow has fallen, not much, but some. And to top it all off, the kids have a snow day. They just started back to school yesterday after 1 1/2 weeks of spring break!
On a good note, Charis slept until after 6am yesterday, going to bed before 9pm. This morning she got up about 5:30. Awesome! I have decided that feeding her around 5 or so, and then exercising is my best hope for consistently getting it done. Theoretically, I could exercise after the kids go to bed. I really don't have much going on then, especially with Scott gone. But, I also have almost NO motivation by that time of day. I have occasionally done some exercise, but I know I can't stick with it consistently. And when SCott gets home, there will be a little more going on in the evenings, that's when we get to have real conversations, without interruption.
Anyway, back to this morning. I had a headache for some reason, so when I saw that school had been cancelled, I went back to bed until Jake came in to tell me about the snow (about 6:30). Then the two of us went to the basement, he watched Sprout, and I did 30 minutes on the bike. So, I got it done.
Now, today my sister is coming to visit, and I was planning to go to Cafe Rio after I picked her up from the airport (I just recently found out there is one in Denver). I think we'll still do it, even with the extra kids. They like quesadillas and guacamole.
No comments:
Post a Comment