...on running anyway. I finally went to see a chiropractor (certified in A.R.T.) about my hip pain. It took me a while because the one I thought I should go to is in our ward, and I usually avoid that kind of thing. But, I am feeling much better! And he gave me advice on how to fix the muscle weakness and imbalances. (Exercises for hips, glutes, and core, and some stretches for iliopsoas, quads, gluteus, IT band.)
I have also finally picked out a treadmill (hopefully I won't have to use it TOO much) and I am sending in registration for the local running club!
Now I need to work on changing my race calendar/ wish list. (My pre-Charis self completely forgot all the logistics of a running while nursing a baby.) For now I will stay shorter and more local (10k and under), and work on speed. Then maybe a half-marathon later this fall/winter.
Scott wants to do the ADT Marathon on Labor Day, they also have a half and a marathon relay, but I think I'll do a half down in Pueblo instead. That way me and the kids can watch Scott/Daddy do his FIRST MARATHON! I bet if I try to run a few miles with him he won't push me away like a grump; he is much nicer than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment